Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe

Where were you 41 years ago?


Recommended Posts

In 1978 I was attending Appalachian State University in Boone, NC before dropping out to do my "sabbatical"(figuring what I should do and living in Hickory with "other believers")

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

In 1978 I was attending Appalachian State University in Boone, NC before dropping out to do my "sabbatical"(figuring what I should do and living in Hickory with "other believers")

Cool.

Not that it matters to anything, but a friend of mine (who has never heard of twi) just won a seat on the Boone Town Council and works as an adjunct professor at App State. :dance:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, waysider said:

Off topic:

61 years ago, today, JFK was assassinated. (11/22/1963)... Seems like just yesterday.   

Me thinks your math is off by a few years. By my calculations, it was 56 years ago. And I remember where I was then too.

Edited by Rocky
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Running a Twig and believing the bull$hit that TWI fed us – something to the effect that the Jonestown tragedy was actually a government conspiracy operation to induce fear of cults.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Running a Twig and believing the bull$hit that TWI fed us – something to the effect that the Jonestown tragedy was actually a government conspiracy operation to induce fear of cults.

Thank goodness that's not what we're doing now, eh? :beer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, outandabout said:

A root is supposed to nourish the leaves but the leaves were working for the root.

Ooops  wrong thread I think.

 

 

That's true regardless.:wink2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rocky said:

Where were you when Jonestown went down, 41 years ago? I was in Emporia, Kansas at what was then the Way College of Emporia.
 


I was obviously vulnerable to cultic and fundamentalist influences as a young adult.

 

On 11/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rocky said:

Where were you when Jonestown went down, 41 years ago? I was in Emporia, Kansas at what was then the Way College of Emporia.
 


I was obviously vulnerable to cultic and fundamentalist influences as a young adult.

Rocky, I was a WOW in Joliet, Illinois. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...