GreaseSpot Cafe

Where were you 41 years ago?

In 1978 I was attending Appalachian State University in Boone, NC before dropping out to do my "sabbatical"(figuring what I should do and living in Hickory with "other believers")

2 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

In 1978 I was attending Appalachian State University in Boone, NC before dropping out to do my "sabbatical"(figuring what I should do and living in Hickory with "other believers")

Cool.

Not that it matters to anything, but a friend of mine (who has never heard of twi) just won a seat on the Boone Town Council and works as an adjunct professor at App State. :dance:

7 hours ago, waysider said:

Off topic:

61 years ago, today, JFK was assassinated. (11/22/1963)... Seems like just yesterday.   

Me thinks your math is off by a few years. By my calculations, it was 56 years ago. And I remember where I was then too.

Edited by Rocky
  • 2 weeks later...

Running a Twig and believing the bull$hit that TWI fed us – something to the effect that the Jonestown tragedy was actually a government conspiracy operation to induce fear of cults.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Running a Twig and believing the bull$hit that TWI fed us – something to the effect that the Jonestown tragedy was actually a government conspiracy operation to induce fear of cults.

Thank goodness that's not what we're doing now, eh? :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, outandabout said:

A root is supposed to nourish the leaves but the leaves were working for the root.

Ooops  wrong thread I think.

That's true regardless.:wink2:

• 6 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rocky said:

Where were you when Jonestown went down, 41 years ago? I was in Emporia, Kansas at what was then the Way College of Emporia.

I was obviously vulnerable to cultic and fundamentalist influences as a young adult.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rocky said:

Where were you when Jonestown went down, 41 years ago? I was in Emporia, Kansas at what was then the Way College of Emporia.

I was obviously vulnerable to cultic and fundamentalist influences as a young adult.

Rocky, I was a WOW in Joliet, Illinois.