GreaseSpot Cafe
Rocky

Where were you 41 years ago?

FellowLaborers of Ohio 

edit: Did some quick math and realized I had already graduated by that time... Living in Columbus, Ohio

Edited by waysider

Off topic:

61 years ago, today, JFK was assassinated. (11/22/1963)... Seems like just yesterday.   

Edited by waysider
I shouldn't have skipped math class that day. It was 56 years ago.
  • Upvote 1

In 1978 I was attending Appalachian State University in Boone, NC before dropping out to do my "sabbatical"(figuring what I should do and living in Hickory with "other believers")

2 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

In 1978 I was attending Appalachian State University in Boone, NC before dropping out to do my "sabbatical"(figuring what I should do and living in Hickory with "other believers")

Cool.

Not that it matters to anything, but a friend of mine (who has never heard of twi) just won a seat on the Boone Town Council and works as an adjunct professor at App State. :dance:

7 hours ago, waysider said:

Off topic:

61 years ago, today, JFK was assassinated. (11/22/1963)... Seems like just yesterday.   

Me thinks your math is off by a few years. By my calculations, it was 56 years ago. And I remember where I was then too.

Edited by Rocky

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Me thinks you math is off by a few years. By my calculations, it was 56 years ago. And I remember where I was then too.

Thanks, I went back and edited but the font is pretty small.

• Upvote 1

Running a Twig and believing the bull$hit that TWI fed us – something to the effect that the Jonestown tragedy was actually a government conspiracy operation to induce fear of cults.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Running a Twig and believing the bull$hit that TWI fed us – something to the effect that the Jonestown tragedy was actually a government conspiracy operation to induce fear of cults.

Thank goodness that's not what we're doing now, eh? :beer:

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

Thank goodness that's not what we're doing now, eh? :beer:

you've got that right !!!! :beer:

I was in graduate school.  I had taken PFAL that summer and was getting pretty involved in TWI.

My younger brother (also at U of Illinois, as an undergraduate) promised my parents he'd keep me away from Kool-Aid.  :jump:

George