GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Thanksgiving

pawtucket

I wanted to stop and take a moment to thank all of you. This board spans the gamut of emotions for me. Somedays it makes me think, others it envelopes and traps me. But I try to stay focused on telling the other side of the story. We are unique in the ex-way community. People can come from any offshoot and speak their mind. And diversity!! Something for everyone.

It thrills me when someone comes to that moment of realization. Or finally has found people that understand the gook that has been floating in their head. My hope is that you are a healthier person for it.

Disagreements abound as you realize that it is okay to think for yourself and not buy into the company line.

I am thankful for all of that too. I hope that you have a wonderful thanksgiving while in front of the turkey and watching the games too.

We are stronger as a whole than the sum of our parts.

I'm thankful to be a part of this community. Thanks to Paw and everyone that makes GSC a place where we can come play, fight, throw food and help clean up.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

happy thanksgiving to you too, pawtucket!!............and to all you greasespotters who make this cyber-cafe such a wild'n'crazy place to hang out in!!.........paw,...this is still the best spot to have a good reality brew and shoot the breeze with fellow patrons of your outstanding establishment!!.......we truly have many things to be thankful for, living here in the USA,.......and, the way you "run this place" is definitely another item on my list of things to be thankful for this year!!..........enjoy your day with your family, and thanks again for keeping the greasespt cafe "open for business"..........love you all!................peace.

Thank you very much for the kindness you have shown. I wish every one a love-ly Thanksgiving!

Abraham Lincoln's Thanksgiving Proclamation

October 3, 1863

"I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union. It is the duty of nations as well as of men to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God; to confess their sins and transgressions in humble sorrow, yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon; and to recognize the sublime truth, announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations are blessed whose God is the Lord."