GreaseSpot Cafe

Class at Headquarters

pawtucket

It's just a business designed to exploit the naive and trusting.

That's really all it's ever been.

There is nothing "special" or "mystical" about The Way.

The market for their "product" has been on a steady decline for some time now.

They are in a damage control and spin mode.

They are circling the drain.

Very sad, but very well written by the anonymous attendee.

It was mentioned that the least competent and able are usually the ones in charge, and those with ability and ministries are sidelined as 'attendees.' Of course! Unless something has changed, the 'no-debt rule' eliminated many many capable people from even running one of their 'official' twi home fellowships. Heck, those in debt are not even allowed to take their Advanced Class or attend this ACS......hey, not a bad idea to get some debt and avoid going to the next waste of time / money.

Also, do those Advanced Class grad attendees and long-standing Corps & former Corps ever just wonder why?? Do they ever say to themselves, 'why does God not work in our ministry like He did the 1st century church?' Why does he not 'add daily' to our outfit if we are the ones? If so, how long can they go on either not having an answer, or having one but not caring?

:offtopic:

Twinky

How about I come vist you in England and you show me what real beer tastes like?

copenhagen :dance::dance:

Come, and bring that wife of yours. Tell her there are believers here who would love to meet her, or something...!

(There are some Way-ish fellowships around, in fact. But I don't know any that are affiliated.)

Do they ever say to themselves, 'why does God not work in our ministry like He did the 1st century church?' Why does he not 'add daily' to our outfit if we are the ones? If so, how long can they go on either not having an answer, or having one but not caring?

I thought this bore repeating. Quite a question to ask of a fading organization.

Perhaps they are so Waybrained and so used to Wayspeak (saying the opposite to what is the fact) that they have confused "add" with "subtract" - ??

Edited by Twinky

. . .

Also, do those Advanced Class grad attendees and long-standing Corps & former Corps ever just wonder why?? Do they ever say to themselves, 'why does God not work in our ministry like He did the 1st century church?' Why does he not 'add daily' to our outfit if we are the ones? If so, how long can they go on either not having an answer, or having one but not caring?

a lot still come back glowing.

"#6) There was no depth in the teachings. Many of the older grads and the Way Corps who had been around for Dr. Wierwille's teachings were actually quite upset and let down...."

They've isolated themselves so much that they've lost touch with everything. They have no idea how to serve God or his people. Amazing how corruption shrinks common sense.

To all Wayfers reading this: It's OK to leave. God doesn't rebuke you for leaving. He can work even better in you without your mind and judgment being clouded by the crap you've been taught. Life IS great outside TWI. I've never regretted my decision, and I'm goin on 7 years out. Life has been fuller since leaving. Quit limiting yourself. Quit limiting God to the confines of the The Way. Freedom is a step away.

Amen! I got out ten years ago and life IS good outside TWI. It's not always easy, but it sure is nice to live by your own decisions, like an adult.

Many thanks to the anonymous attendee!!

I'm so sorry you still have to put up with that drivel... reminds me of what my last advanced class special was like 10 years ago... OMG, how can people still put up with this!?!?

(sorry, that's a rhetorical question)

THW

#8) The Board of Directors did not have one peep to say to the people. There were no heart sharings. Every so often you would see them running around, and none of them seemed genuinely happy. When you looked at Rosalie when she was not up front, her face was a scowl. When she was up front, she artificially put on a fake smile. It was literally two-facedness.

WOW............not a peep! :blink:

An Advanced Class Special..........at The Way International........and NONE of the "directors" was inspired (cough, cough) to address the attendees with heart-felt appreciation, a special "prophetic message" for the moment OR.....they just walk in lockstep fear to rozilla's scowlisms. And, if rosie ain't into "sharing".........then they should all take note. Sheeesh.

Nothing like going to an "advanced" class special......and seeing the "directors" walking on egg shells.

:biglaugh:

...and is anyone really surprised? Sounds to me that their "advanced class special" was like an Amway regional meeting or something...How ANYONE can continue to follow rosie and her gang is beyond me. Twi has ALWAYS been bogus but at least Wierwille was a good con man and put on a show...these guys are pathetic.

Why do they even bother?

#3) The level of the teachings were about 3rd grade. If you have intelligence greater than a 3rd grader, you will probably find the teachings very obvious. It seems that Rosalie Rivenbark has dumbed everything down in the last few years. It is worse than going to a church, because it is like re-hashed, simplified collateral readings that are not even as insightful as the collaterals. There is some kind of fear trip going on, why the teachers are afraid to go even one hair beyond the collaterals. Even in an ADVANCED Class Special.

This is the CURRENT synopsis of twi's "advanced" class special........and of rosalie's toxic oppression.

How pathetic........teachings were about 3rd grade level, rosalie has "dumbed everything down in the last few years, it's worse than going to church and fear-trips going on.

Yeah.........CURRENT happenings in this class-based FEAR ZONE.

In April 2000......martindale was exposed as a sexual predator and twi, under legal advice, stripped martindale of his presidency, clergy duties, and way corps status and ousted his arse under the cover of secrecy.....which later was found to be toledo, ohio. Nearly 9 years later.......and Rosa-lie has DONE NOTHING FOR TWI except to implement rules and written reports and script-reading at its weekly services.

Worse than church????............yes, it's a cult. :biglaugh:

#9) The exercise during "Share Pairs" was to list your top longsuit abilities and how you plan to implement them in your household fellowship. The major flaw with this exercise is that probably the #1 problem in The Way Ministry is that people CANNOT function in their longsuit abilities within the Way Ministry, because there is no room for it.

makes me wonder, "why bother"..

perhaps they want to observe (and eventually) deal with anyone who still has the capacity for an original thought.

You should tell them your longsuit is working really hard at menial tasks for 12 hours straight with no breaks and no money.

Maybe they'll make you and overpaid executive in order for you to grow spiritually. :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

Sorry Ham, I bet they now use laser suryeying techniques to set up chairs now instead of stringing. LOL!

...and is anyone really surprised? Sounds to me that their "advanced class special" was like an Amway regional meeting or something...How ANYONE can continue to follow rosie and her gang is beyond me. Twi has ALWAYS been bogus but at least Wierwille was a good con man and put on a show...these guys are pathetic.

Why do they even bother?

Great analogy!

JT

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

"they [TWI leaders] must apologize to and ask forgiveness from all those whom they have despitefully used, made merchandise of, lied to, and stolen from, and they must do so publicly! no more hiding behind their walls of zion!"

This is a wonderful wish. If only wishes came true.

Edited by penworks

sounds like the TWI that i left so many years ago. rehashing and whitewashing the same old BULL-onie.

only then there WERE a few ppl that honestly cared, and wanted, to search and teach God's word as it was ment to be, or spokeout against what was going on. but what happened?? the leaders that be booted them and then marked and avoided them out of TWI.

can't have any possesed ppl corrupting the flock.

POP was a power play by CG to possibly take over or be a part of the top leaders in "The Way". as far as i'm concerned CG was just as guilty as the rest. i think that he knew about 'ol Vic's background early on and didn't speak out till he thought that he might get caught up in it too and exposed.

and why is D. M. still in while her husband was ousted?? others that were married were both marked and avoided at the same time and asked to leave. can you say "double standard"???but C. M. was let stay in ministry owned property.

with what's left in the ministry, the BOT's should divide up the money to the followers, pull the blinds and sing "the party's over, over, ooooover." and quietly slink away. like the s**kes they are.

the classes are the same old horse patty that they have been teaching for years. only re-written and white washed.