GreaseSpot Cafe

Say what?

OldSkool

why can't they just let the "heritage" offered by an abusive second rate sexual deviant and con artist just die in obscurity..

I have no doubt that V2P2 knows full well his Grand Pappy's sordid history and evil ways. Heck, his own Granddaughter told me on more than one occasion the truth about him.

So what do they do with that info? Chalk it up as just a few short comings? Explain it away to themselves? I guess they ignore all the verses that condemn what he did and all the other verses that lay out requirements for leadership....the same requirements the old geezer used to lay on others. What a sad way to waste one's life.

So here we have a brand new crop of youngsters following a lil' wannabe huckster. I trust he is sincere, but hey - "Sincerity is no guarantee for truth!"

yes Spinal Tap, or from a alternate paralell universe Pressed Down, Shaken Together, and Runing Over(or is that Away)/Joyful Noise/Present Truth :biglaugh:

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Is this what you are talking about..... Someone posted this on FB

http://cardullo.zenfolio.com/events/sowers2012/h3E5DFA77#h3e5dfa77

I looked through all the pictures. Everything looks just the way it did, except for the numbers. I remember going over the grounds picking up cigarette butts and other litter so that "devil spirits" wouldn't have any place to hide. Little did we know the demonic infestation in the leaders' lives!

It doesn't have to look devilish, red horns and tails or heavy metal rock band, to be devilish!

Love,

Steve

I remember going over the grounds picking up cigarette butts and other litter so that "devil spirits" wouldn't have any place to hide. Little did we know the demonic infestation in the leaders' lives!

One of the first things I realized when I started seeing twi clearly was that all the anal retentive cleaning and measuring silverware and Christian etiquette and chair stringing and no debt policy was just A DISTRACTION from the REAL SPIRITUAL FILTH that was right in front of me. The constant focus on stupid little details kept me from seeing what was really happening. And it also provided a myriad if opportunities for the leadership (who had real loads of spiritual $h1t all over them) to confront the well intentioned believer and DISTRACT from anything bigger that might be going on (like adultery, rape, etc.)... It gave them loads of ammunition against someone when they left or were marked and avoided as well - for example, someone walks away from twi. Now the limb/branch/fellowship coordinator tells everyone how there was something wrong with that person, and they could tell by the way they kept their house/paid their bills/the kind of books they were reading, etc etc.

Pick the log out of your eye, Pharisees, before you pick at the mote in mine.

(ironically, I am off to clean my house now....)

At least they sounded good. Present day way productions is a horror show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPcPCwK_G0

What is with up with the Sister Wives look they all have? Not trying to be mean at all...or petty, but I saw a recent photo of someone I know who is still in TWI and she has that same look. What is that?

What is with up with the Sister Wives look they all have? Not trying to be mean at all...or petty, but I saw a recent photo of someone I know who is still in TWI and she has that same look. What is that?

Well, not sure about your friend, but way productions have their wardrobe's approved by Rosalie and all their hair an makeup done by the same lady who has been at HQ since the earth cooled. What more do you expect from a highly micro managed group of minstrels where the "band leader" is not a musician and in her mid to late 70s by now. Lawrence Welk anyone?

Well, not sure about your friend, but way productions have their wardrobe's approved by Rosalie and all their hair an makeup done by the same lady who has been at HQ since the earth cooled. What more do you expect from a highly micro managed group of minstrels where the "band leader" is not a musician and in her mid to late 70s by now. Lawrence Welk anyone?

That is it exactly! Sister Wives meets Lawrence Welk.

Apparently the pioneering efforts of women like Raquel Welch or Ann Margret....who are both still drop dead gorgeous in their 70's....was missed at HQ.

One of the first things I realized when I started seeing twi clearly was that all the anal retentive cleaning and measuring silverware and Christian etiquette and chair stringing and no debt policy was just A DISTRACTION from the REAL SPIRITUAL FILTH that was right in front of me. The constant focus on stupid little details kept me from seeing what was really happening.

Exactly.....like the magician's white-glove (fits like a hand in a glove) DIVERSION.

Same thing with the corps indoctrination. All those "attention to detail" exercises wasn't about the details, it was about OBEDIENCE.

If they can get you obedient to anal absurdity......you'll be obedient to doctrinal obfuscation.

Nothing in twi is what it appears.

I think this was from PFAL:

VPW is at an airport. Some enthusiastic young Christians approach him to "witness" to him - they weren't even Wayfers, either!

Ah, he says, "I've forgotten more scripture than they know." Or was it, "Than they'll ever know"?

At the time, I thought: Wow, what an ego. How does he know what they know?

Now, I think: Yeah, he really did forget. He forgot heart, kindness, compassion, care for others.

He forgot about "walking in the steps of Jesus Christ" - even though TWI had a song about that.

He forgot what the scriptures are all about.

VPW is at an airport. Some enthusiastic young Christians approach him to "witness" to him - they weren't even Wayfers, either!

Ah, he says, "I've forgotten more scripture than they know." Or was it, "Than they'll ever know"?

Now, I think: Yeah, he really did forget. He forgot heart, kindness, compassion, care for others.

He forgot about "walking in the steps of Jesus Christ" - even though TWI had a song about that.

He mentioned once on a subject that someone once contacted him in a hotel.

(I think this was from pfal.) They sent him a note saying that if he gave them an hour,

they'd show him he was incorrect on a subject.

He said he "didn't waste his time on them."

IIRC, it was one time he claimed he'd forgotten more about Scripture than they'd ever know.

He made that claim a few times.

I love it when you remind me of long-forgotten things, I'd totally forgotten about picking up cigarette butts! Used to do that so much it became second nature, I'd pick up butts everywhere I went, even if there was no ministry function going on. Talk about well trained! As I recall, it was all about removing distractions from peoples' line of sight, so there would be nothing to detract from the Word being taught. I think that was the logic behind the stringed chairs too, if I recall. Like they used to say: You do your best, and God will do the rest.

Except that that flies in the face of what is true, that God can save unto the uttermost, and his Word is sharper than any two-edged sword and will get through to anyone anywhere with ears to hear. I wonder if Jeremiah, when buried up to his chin in the dung pit, scanned the ground and asked passers-by to pick up cigarette butts and other litter so as not to inhibit the word of the Lord coming to him?

It was all about control. They got us to sweat the small stuff, while they were getting us to swallow the big stuff. We wuz chumped.

I have been told that from people in the way... I talked with a guy for hours he told me that.... he wanted to talk about the deity of Christ...... That guy had so much error ant pride telling me he knew more than people who went to seminary and they teach junk their....

Maybe, WW, but he also said something about young people in an airport.

Maybe it was something recited by LCM in that video VP & Me.

Arrogant b@stards - both of 'em.

He mentioned once on a subject that someone once contacted him in a hotel.

(I think this was from pfal.) They sent him a note saying that if he gave them an hour,

they'd show him he was incorrect on a subject.

He said he "didn't waste his time on them."

IIRC, it was one time he claimed he'd forgotten more about Scripture than they'd ever know.

He made that claim a few times.

WW/Twinky......well, the way I remember it was that wierwille was referencing a theologian on the other side

of the English Channel who wanted an hour of his time. Yet, when wierwille and this other scholar were discussing

scripture, this scholar said that "with what we are seeing, we will need to take the next six months to work thru

the scriptures" (and wierwille loved him for that). Because.....this other theologian, "why I wouldn't waste my

time on him" and "I've forgotten more of the Word than he'll ever know."

Someone else might need to step in here and bail us out........help? :)

And, then......the choir sings "Who cares?" :wave:

WW/Twinky......well, the way I remember it was that wierwille was referencing a theologian on the other side

of the English Channel who wanted an hour of his time. Yet, when wierwille and this other scholar were discussing

scripture, this scholar said that "with what we are seeing, we will need to take the next six months to work thru

the scriptures" (and wierwille loved him for that). Because.....this other theologian, "why I wouldn't waste my

time on him" and "I've forgotten more of the Word than he'll ever know."

Someone else might need to step in here and bail us out........help? :)

And, then......the choir sings "Who cares?" :wave:

This is closest to my memories of it. The great theologian was Karl Barth as I recall.

Another of veepee's fierytales? :evildenk::biglaugh:

I remember this incident being cited in PLAF (The Wonder Class). Wierwille used this technique frequently.....belittling others to make himself look good. And, he was very good at making ambiguous statements and allowing you to draw your own conclusion, which in reality, was actually a conclusion he was coaching you to draw. In this case, the conclusion was that he had some sort of great knowledge of the "manifestations".(if I remember correctly.)

Edited by waysider

This is closest to my memories of it. The great theologian was Karl Barth as I recall.

Another of veepee's fierytales? :evildenk::biglaugh:

I don't know if the incident was one of Wierwille's delusions (deceptions), but I do remember him mentioning Karl Barth in the context. Karl Barth would NOT have failed to recognize Wierwille's gussied up dispensationalism for what it was, and would not have been taken in by it. Barth specifically rejected the idea of biblical inerrancy, believing it elevated the Bible above Jesus Christ Himself. I doubt the veracity of the whole incident.

Wierwille may have found Barth's name appealing to drop because Barth was a noted rebel against German protestant liberalism, though that did not mean what Wierwille apparently thought it did.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

Plus it was a *convenient* name to drop in 1967. Barth was what.. eighty years old at the time, and within one year of the end of his life?

Somehow, I don't think confirmation of da victer's claim was exactly part of the vicster's plan..

devil-cigarettes-vector-material_15-2851.jpg

I think the one at HQ wasn't wearing a filter.. came out of packs of Kool shorts..