Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe
OldSkool

Revival and Restoration

Recommended Posts

On 8/23/2017 at 7:40 PM, OldSkool said:

Ok, received this letter via email from a rnr insider.

 

Dear Beloved of God,
We are aware this closed Facebook group, “Revival and Restoration,” has become a safe haven for
some. For others perhaps, a place to debate. Many have been awaiting information concerning, "What
are our next steps?” This entry is humbly put forth to provide answers for this question.
After much prayer, time in the Word, heart searching, and full-sharing discussion among those who
originally undertook this mission, we have determined that we will no longer focus on reviving and
restoring The Way International. We instead are choosing to continue to function in our gifts and calling
of God, which are irrevocable (Romans 11:29 NIV). This means that many of us are now functioning
independent of The Way International, while others may still be moving in and out among the disciples
who fellowship with The Way International. All of us have resolved in our hearts that our focus is on God
first and walking in our freedom in Christ.
This year has been a year of deliverance and growth for all of us. We have seen God’s Word more alive
in our personal lives and in the lives of many others who have shared our passion. We have also seen,
more clearly, that God does not divide the One Body into small portions such as Baptists, Roman
Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, or followers of The Way International. Instead, He sees sons and
daughters of His. We do not want to build fences, separating “us” from “them.” We have shaken the
dust off our feet and anticipate moving ahead with vigor, teaching and training according to Colossians
1:27 through 29 and focusing on local fellowships as Acts patterns.
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the
Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach [kataggellō], warning [noutheteō] every man, and teaching every man in all
wisdom; that we may present every man perfect [mature] in Christ Jesus:
29 Whereunto I (we) also labour striving [agōnizomai] according to his working, which worketh in me
(us) mightily.
We have no desire to exclude anyone, including those who still fellowship with The Way International or
for that matter, any Christian who feels benefitted by the teachings we are providing. In Acts 19, Paul
reached a point where, in order to answer God’s call, he had to separate from those who rejected his
ministry and move forward with those who earnestly desired his ministry. (II Corinthians 4:5) We are
grateful for the mutual believing that is helping us to realize revival and restoration is not about man’s
“fences,” but rather about God’s people loving Him and each other with Christ as the head.
With love and respect,

 

 

"man's fences"  . . . . . BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

 

Here's your fence you damned R&R  numb nuts

 

Image result for jesus barb wire crown of thorns

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, thank you for the compliment. Sometimes I think I do have a brain cell or two floating around.

Now, as to the above: The one word I don't see in this second missive is the word that should be underlined, all caps, bolded and in about 20 font or so:  REPENTANCE!

These guys, at least some of them, were the haughtiest, more superior, unloving, unhelpful, uncaring, hardhearted people I've ever heard of. And they think they are going to move forward? Come to my door, ladies and gentlemen, and I will tell you how I moved forward:

1.  I quit believing the words of D**id M*l*ner: "If you are separated from the Household of The Way, whether of your own volition or whether we men of God get together and decide you are no longer worth of the privilege of fellowshipping with us, AT THAT VERY MOMENT (all caps mine) the spirit within you dies, and shortly thereafter your physical body shall die also, BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EXIST OUTSIDE THE HOUSEHOLD OF HOLINESS!"

2. I started reading the Bible without filtering it through anything I had learned from TWI.

3. I started praying and asking God to help me.

4. I forgave myself for having diabetes. (This was a long project as some churches also taught God smites people with sickness and disease).

When I get a letter from Moneyhands, Fort, the above mentioned branch leader, or anyone else, I'll think they might possibly be sincere. But I would still avoid them like the plague!

5. I found, after many years, a church I really like that teaches fairly and honestly.

6. I started enumerating the wrongs done me by various people. I figuratively held them up to the light and said, "I forgive you. I forgive you for telling me I was ignorant. I forgive you for telling me to harm my son. I forgive you for being a stupid, idiotic, uncaring jerk." It's a hard thing to do. I want to see myself hugging these people in my mind and heart, even if I never see them again on this earth. Sometimes, though I'd like to see myself beating the daylights out of them. That's not right; forgive; God forgave me, I forgive them, God forgave me, I forgive them.

7. This should be #1, really: Forgive yourself for ever believing them, for letting them jerk you around, interfere with your money, your marriage, your children, your irretrievable time. Remember God loves you so much! He gave everything for you! If God sees you as lovable and worthy of His Son's death and resurrence, who the &*E(W dares say otherwise?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although it has promoted itself as such, The Way is not and never was based on a model of life in the first century church. They have cherry picked verses to create a false narrative......."Oh, look, they broke bread together in the first century. We eat together as a group. They met in small groups. We meet in small groups. Therefore, we're like the first century church."....Nonsense. Our objective in FellowLaborers was to study The Book of Acts, live together for two years, patterning our lifestyle after the first century church and then return to our hometowns as leaders who were better qualified to serve our areas. We were to be living examples of what life could be like if we patterned ourselves after the believers in Acts. In reality, we were just a bunch of deluded kids, living a communal lifestyle with a Biblical veneer. That's all it was. Just a pseudo commune. (not the free sex and drug variety, as depicted in popular culture) And, it wasn't truly a communal way of life, either, because all the important decisions were being made at a much higher, authoritative level. The notion that we were part of some valiant effort is pure delusion. You can revive if you want to but it's impossible to restore it because it never really existed (as an example of first century life) in the first place.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Watered Garden said:

First of all, thank you for the compliment. Sometimes I think I do have a brain cell or two floating around.

Now, as to the above: The one word I don't see in this second missive is the word that should be underlined, all caps, bolded and in about 20 font or so:  REPENTANCE!

These guys, at least some of them, were the haughtiest, more superior, unloving, unhelpful, uncaring, hardhearted people I've ever heard of. And they think they are going to move forward? Come to my door, ladies and gentlemen, and I will tell you how I moved forward:

1.  I quit believing the words of D**id M*l*ner: "If you are separated from the Household of The Way, whether of your own volition or whether we men of God get together and decide you are no longer worth of the privilege of fellowshipping with us, AT THAT VERY MOMENT (all caps mine) the spirit within you dies, and shortly thereafter your physical body shall die also, BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EXIST OUTSIDE THE HOUSEHOLD OF HOLINESS!"

2. I started reading the Bible without filtering it through anything I had learned from TWI.

3. I started praying and asking God to help me.

4. I forgave myself for having diabetes. (This was a long project as some churches also taught God smites people with sickness and disease).

When I get a letter from Moneyhands, Fort, the above mentioned branch leader, or anyone else, I'll think they might possibly be sincere. But I would still avoid them like the plague!

5. I found, after many years, a church I really like that teaches fairly and honestly.

6. I started enumerating the wrongs done me by various people. I figuratively held them up to the light and said, "I forgive you. I forgive you for telling me I was ignorant. I forgive you for telling me to harm my son. I forgive you for being a stupid, idiotic, uncaring jerk." It's a hard thing to do. I want to see myself hugging these people in my mind and heart, even if I never see them again on this earth. Sometimes, though I'd like to see myself beating the daylights out of them. That's not right; forgive; God forgave me, I forgive them, God forgave me, I forgive them.

7. This should be #1, really: Forgive yourself for ever believing them, for letting them jerk you around, interfere with your money, your marriage, your children, your irretrievable time. Remember God loves you so much! He gave everything for you! If God sees you as lovable and worthy of His Son's death and resurrence, who the &*E(W dares say otherwise?

WG, :knuddel:!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Hi Greasespotters!

I just wanted to clear up another piece of official TWIt disinformation. All the BS about how the "Way tree structure" was taken completely and only from "the Book of Acts". That is a complete fabrication from the inebriated and meshuggeneh"mind" of dictor paul. The ENTIRE "self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating" "revelation" is taken VERBATIM from AA's book, "The 12 Traditions" which was first published in 1935!! Check it out for yourself. Totally predictable and habitual unethical and dishonest thinking and behavior from a lazy, intellectually vapid wannabe mog. 

So, all the .... in all these R'n'R  asslickers' smarmy posts which brags about "Da woid", and how dictor paul (and now these morons) got EVERYTHING by "revelation", or by "rightly-dividing Da woid", documents the fact that ALL these phony whited sepulchers remain "throughly" TWIt-brained, and self-deluded. They STILL worship dictor paul and they want HIS minus-tray and it's illicit income back. They are hapless, feckless cultists now having to accept the fact that they have wasted their entire lives, and now they're stuck with just their "rewards at the bema", with zero cash in the bank, no homes, no cars, no training or education in any other fields of endeavor besides the perpetual snake-turd "christianity" peddled by their beloved, dead, drunk, waterlogged moggie-pooh. Talk about a bunch of LOSERS, LOW-LIFES, and LIARS. These guys make the Keystone Cops look like Navy Seal Team 6! Bwaaaahahahaha!.......peace.

*reads* The copy I was able to read online, by Bill W himself, of the 12 Traditions, does sound similar to the "self-supporting" thing twi'ers know so well. It's entirely possible that vpw got the idea from there, or developed it further from there.

However, the idea predates AA. The concept of the "indigenous church", begun in mission work, includes "the three selfs", and may predate the 20th century. Certainly, its earliest proponents, like Henry Venn, did- he died in 1873.   I know that vpw ripped off the phrase and concept of :"rice Christians" from the mission fields and criticisms of it -which are hand-in-hand with why "the three selfs" were proposed- for his little booklet on  "the Dilemma of Foreign Missions." (Given his history of plagiarism, and the unoriginality of his criticisms of the mission field, it should have been possible for vpw to type out the whole thing having never BEEN to the mission fields at all (and from the way he spoke about the things, I doubt he was actually among "the people" and not the VIPs for most of his trip.  

===============================================

http://www.dacb.org/stories/non africans/legacy_venn.html

"Henry Venn was one of the shapers and movers of the nineteenth-century missionary movement. Today he is known chiefly as a father of the "indigenous church" principle (self-supporting, self-governing, self-propagating)."

 

Voice of the Martyrs:

http://persecutedchurch.blogspot.com.ar/2007/07/is-three-self-formula-still-relevant.html

"Most students of missions have heard of the principle that a newly planted church is mature or indigenous when it is self-governing, self-propagating, and self-supporting. "

https://missionissues.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/the-three-selves-formula-1/

"I assume that all students of missiology are familiar with the three-selves formula. But then, I’m not writing here only for missiologists and therefore a very short explanation of the three-selves formula is appropriate. In 1854 and 1856 (specific dates debatable), two missionaries, Henry Venn and Rufus Anderson, independently of each other, said that the three signs of an indigenous church are that they should be self-propagating, self-governing and self-supporting. John Nevius, who also lived in the times of Venn and Anderson, further popularised this so-called “three-self” paradigm. Since that time it has almost universally been accepted that these three characteristics should be present before a church can be considered to be indigenous. I was taught these principles at university and have on more than one occasion heard, during mission meetings, how important it is that these principles should be adhered to in the church in Swaziland."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_church_mission_theory 

has a history of the subject and a list of names to look up for the interested.

=============================================

It's currently a topic of some disagreement whether or not they are relevant to Christianity, mission work, or the Bible. I'm not going to pretend to know enough to speak on it either way.  However, vpw used some of their terminology, including the terminology for the "con" side while he was promoting the "pro" side for use in twi! So, we know he was well-familiar with this topic- which was well-published long before  he studied.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 11:59 AM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Hi Greasespotters!

I just wanted to clear up another piece of official TWIt disinformation. All the BS about how the "Way tree structure" was taken completely and only from "the Book of Acts". That is a complete fabrication from the inebriated and meshuggeneh"mind" of dictor paul. The ENTIRE "self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating" "revelation" is taken VERBATIM from AA's book, "The 12 Traditions" which was first published in 1935!! Check it out for yourself. Totally predictable and habitual unethical and dishonest thinking and behavior from a lazy, intellectually vapid wannabe mog. 

So, all the .... in all these R'n'R  asslickers' smarmy posts which brags about "Da woid", and how dictor paul (and now these morons) got EVERYTHING by "revelation", or by "rightly-dividing Da woid", documents the fact that ALL these phony whited sepulchers remain "throughly" TWIt-brained, and self-deluded. They STILL worship dictor paul and they want HIS minus-tray and it's illicit income back. They are hapless, feckless cultists now having to accept the fact that they have wasted their entire lives, and now they're stuck with just their "rewards at the bema", with zero cash in the bank, no homes, no cars, no training or education in any other fields of endeavor besides the perpetual snake-turd "christianity" peddled by their beloved, dead, drunk, waterlogged moggie-pooh. Talk about a bunch of LOSERS, LOW-LIFES, and LIARS. These guys make the Keystone Cops look like Navy Seal Team 6! Bwaaaahahahaha!.......peace.

Great post , Don't Worry !!!

Just like everything else the great con man wierwille sold folks on - a Twig being self-propagating, etc. was just another one of his false sense of empowerment bull$hit ideas.

I think an expanded literal translation according to our "favorite" plagiarist's abuse would read:

Every Twig is propagating wierwille himself, governed by wierwille himself, supporting wierwille himself.

 

That's not to say this is how every Twig literally functioned - but depending on the degree to which the believers of any particular Twig actually bought into "all things the way international forever rah rah" then for all intents and purposes that's the degree to which they functioned as such.

Edited by T-Bone
Self-editing
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2017 at 11:40 AM, Watered Garden said:

I'm not even going to bother listening/watching to the R&R presentations you all are talking about. I remember when we got the boot writing a four-page letter explaining our situation to the Reverend Mr. Fort. We felt we had been unfairly treated by D*&e M1ln$r, the branch coordinator, and wished to clarify what we saw as his sarcastic, legalistic, unreasonable attitude. The Most Exceedingly Great and Mighty Man of God the Reverend Mr. Fort wrote a snide, snarky sarcastic little note on the last page of our letter and sent it back. Something like "Amazing that you take four pages to explain what D.M. could explain clearly in four sentences in a phone call. Don't bother trying to come back." I did figure out where D.M. learned his nasty, sarcastic ways, though.

The Moneyhands as you call them were limb leaders in a state we lived in. They were, to my humble observation, very very very very superior to us mere peasants. The Mrs. did offer to administer some kind of a personality test to me, which I declined. "Don't you want to know how you think?" she asked me. "I believe I'm supposed to think the Word of God." I replied. I don't have a terribly good impression of her brand of psychology. Didn't trust her then or now.

I don't remember meeting any of the other people on the list. Sad, though, to think they are setting themselves up to delude, degrade, and destroy even more hapless souls than they already have. Not a single one of them is worth a penny of my money or a second of my time.

WG, sounds like Dottie Monihan wanted to audit you just like Scientology. Just sick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

<snip>

=============================================

It's currently a topic of some disagreement whether or not they are relevant to Christianity, mission work, or the Bible. I'm not going to pretend to know enough to speak on it either way.  However, vpw used some of their terminology, including the terminology for the "con" side while he was promoting the "pro" side for use in twi! So, we know he was well-familiar with this topic- which was well-published long before  he studied.

 

Thanks WordWolf......

EVERYTHING about wierwille-doctrine and one-liners is a "cut-n-paste" con of faux Christianity.  And now, second and third generations of this self-propagating cult has taken to the internet to spew their diatribes.

Now, these losers have no resolve to backtrack from this mlm-fraud, because of money, status and adulation.  Hell........even if truth is staring them in the face, how many of them will still prostitute themselves for filthy lucre sake?  No wonder these low-lifes despise GSC and its mission!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 11:33 PM, T-Bone said:

in my opinion "the word that wierwille taught us" contained a very insidious element - it was a simple idea....one that he conveyed in so many different ways.....it was the idea that god taught him the word so he could teach others...that idea captured my imagination for 12 years....maybe that's one of the things that keeps these die-hards going....when things get tough or confusing - get back to basics - what wierwille taught - yeeeech! In the aftermath of passing of a patriarch,  I remember one of my corps brothers saying when he got to his field assignment he was going to run back to back PFAL classes - that was his solution to all the dark and depressing nonsense of those days.

That's so crazy and weird - to think back on that time with what I know now. For anyone to be so rah-rah PFAL and rally around all things wierwille - was like trying to help someone coming off a bad acid trip and saying what you need is more acid....it's a trip alright - - wierwille's ego trip.

....wierwille had that connected-to-god status in the minds of many - and that is a hard thing to let go....and maybe that's why splinter groups throw a cloak of invisibility over wierwille's moral depravity....but i tend to think each reiteration of wierwille's teachings gets more troublesome. like when you make a copy of a copy - there's degradation - of already shoddy material.

from what little i've read on Scientology - some folks do split off and do their own thing - holding onto certain beliefs and their trusty e-meter. I could see that "autonomy" as an option for some folks in any cult who like certain things but not all the control exerted by the established group - so they slit - on their own or with a few others. that's how some religious movements get started.

 

T-Bone, you nailed it!  Great post!:biglaugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally do not really lay a finger of blame at those who were/ still are, involved with twi who were grass level, twig turner upper, help others get saved type of believers BUT there IS NO justification for them who were/still are in leadership positions who turned a blind eye to the insidious bs going on in that vile place. Now it seems with rnr off-shoot 'leadership' they are all about covering their own backsides as their lightbulb moment has hit them that they will not be taken care of by twit hq in their old age lol...every man and dog for themselves huh ?!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Allan said:

I personally do not really lay a finger of blame at those who were/ still are, involved with twi who were grass level, twig turner upper, help others get saved type of believers BUT there IS NO justification for them who were/still are in leadership positions who turned a blind eye to the insidious bs going on in that vile place. Now it seems with rnr off-shoot 'leadership' they are all about covering their own backsides as their lightbulb moment has hit them that they will not be taken care of by twit hq in their old age lol...every man and dog for themselves huh ?!

Allan, :eusa_clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this goofy fantasy that some ex-way folks would start a cult-recovery group and call themselves Revival & Restoration (but this group goes along the lines of reviving and restoring your true self). 

Has a little of that challenging counterfeit feel to it - but being upfront about the dilemma - do you want to go back into the bondage of life in a cult - or do you want to go forward as a cult survivor reinvesting in your true self.

While reflecting on all those “burn the chaff” campaigns of TWI - coaxing us to rid ourselves of worldly things - I think this alternate Revival & Restoration group ought to have as one of their slogans:

                       Chaff is cool

Edited by T-Bone
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I think this alternate Revival & Restoration group ought to have as one of their slogans:

                       Chaff is cool

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love it OldSkool  !!!!:eusa_clap:  :biglaugh:

now I'm wanting to put a band together and we'll call ourselves

                                The Burnt Chaff

not sure if the name of the band should be in red - to symbolize the flames of fire that burn the chaff or

just have it in charcoal black to be "accurate" as charred remnants of the chaff....oh decisions, decisions

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our chaff is an awesome chaff

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, CollateralDamage said:

In case you can't find it on FB...

 

 

So................

How's that Revival and Restoration thing going? 

I haven't heard a peep............if you can't revive it in seven-months, it might be dead. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Skyrider! Hopefully. They can all go join one of the other cults their "lifelong commitment" minus-try has formed! MoneyHands can go back to his old ECU wayste home buddies at TLTF, and Fort can crawl back to his idol Earl "pillsbury doughboy" Burton, and the Horney's can return to the jerk they imitate in Toledo. What a bunch of lowlife, Nazi LOSERS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skyrider said:

 

So................

How's that Revival and Restoration thing going? 

I haven't heard a peep............if you can't revive it in seven-months, it might be dead. 

 

Sky, you asked the one question I would like answered.  I haven't heard anything about it.  Perhaps someone will let us know about it, sometime.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As my dear old dad used to say:

"To each his own said Farmer Jones, as he kissed old Bossie, the cow."

Edited by waysider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, skyrider said:

 

So................

How's that Revival and Restoration thing going? 

I haven't heard a peep............if you can't revive it in seven-months, it might be dead. 

 

What is the gestation period for cult offspring?

Edited by T-Bone
Accuracy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2017 at 12:31 PM, T-Bone said:

love it OldSkool  !!!!:eusa_clap:  :biglaugh:

now I'm wanting to put a band together and we'll call ourselves

                                The Burnt Chaff

not sure if the name of the band should be in red - to symbolize the flames of fire that burn the chaff or

just have it in charcoal black to be "accurate" as charred remnants of the chaff....oh decisions, decisions

 

Burnt Chaff chaffing The Way's butt since 2000

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://revivalandrestoration.org/

Still sits out there - a page on the internet, still password protected.

The people on the video were marked and avoided by the BOD of the Way which is how they handle all dissenting opinions eventually.

They don't realize it yet but all the people on the video that they marked and avoided, those are the blessed ones because now they can go on to build their own lives and not be laying brick after brick building another wall for a sick cult.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 RnR puts out teachings on their facebook page at regular imtervals with various teachers, all ex corps of course. The teachings are not presented in the same powdered milktoast style as twi,  but doctrinally the same as twi whether right, wrong, or indifferent. For me there was not much to see so i kinda kept it moving after the first few minutes of the presentations.

Edited by OldSkool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...