GreaseSpot Cafe

I had so much waybrain that I . . .

Steve!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Way----I understand that sut-down completely!!!---it took some time --like in years ---I think I am still recovering after 26 yrs in--or was it 27, any how--it is not easy to unsupress one's emtions--but I still believe that is part of that verse in Joel where is says, "The Lord will restore that which the locusts hath eaten..."chapter 2.

Not to derail:

my stupid story was about the stupid leader who after I called him to tell me my 6' WOW bro hit me...I was supposed to lock myself in a room and work things out!!!! sheesh---he was boingkin a new PFAL sign up girl up in his room---I told him to take it somewhere else but not in the house---he didn't like that---this was back in 81-82...Kansas---that year had a lot of stupid stories.

Shoot, Ex... FITW...

I was worse off... I thought God was my Father... (not too bad there) BUT... I thought I was RIGHT... Move over VP... God ain't no respector of persons... He is talkin' to me too!!

I had so much WayBrain, I thought, taught, & acted like, some condecending know it all... at the total expense of ANYONE outside the "household"...

I was such an idiot...

At least now, I know I was/am!!!

This thread really brings me back. I can't believe how waybrain thinking made me change the way I talked. Wasn't allowed to say things like "Wish you were here", "Hope you have a good vacation." Strangest vocabulary I adopted, Believing for a wonderful new year. Happy household holidays! No wonder my family thought I was wierd.

But after reading the thread on strange way ideas, one thing that I remember is people saying things like, I came to the word in such and such a year, not I came to the Lord...This is to me is waybrain...

Shaz

I recall VPW stating that. You do not stop taking medication until it makes you sick that way you know you are healed.

But up until then it was common practice to minister to people and have them toss out their medications.

Where OM went had twig and was involved apparently never did anything wrong. There was no bad practices ever taught or implied. The fellowship was always sweet and you always got your needs met. On his planet, VPW never seduced, raped, or drugged woman to have sex with them. It was consentual adultery. There all money collected went for good things. VPW borrowed some points made by others and it was not plagiarism.

I bet when they sang from the blue book they all burst into perfect harmony.

Well gotta tell you, I am sold. If I could go to that planet I would go and live there forever. IT is like the Walgreens commercial about a place called PERFECT. What shocks me is that he ever left TWI! But even when he left he found the perfect offshhot.

Congratulations OM! You win. You had the best life, the best twig, the best leaders and are now involved in the best off shoot.

There is no topping your life -- I kinda wish I was experiencing all the joy you have. You have lead a blessed and a charmed life. You are fortunate... Maybe you were even a favorite in the eyes of God as so many wonderful things happen to you via TWI. Go in Peace, but first please leave us a map to PEFECT. We may want to live there. And don't give me a lecture about how if I knew the prince of Peace or something... I too have seen God's hand of love... in an imperfect world.

But for the rest who did not grow up in Perfect, the experiences were differect. Whether written or implied the practices were wrong and harmful.

We had a woman in our area throw out her blood pressure medicine after a guy who spent a year with the master advised her to do so. And no he never wrote it down on paper.

She also died. If only she had lived in "Perfect" with your group she may still be alive.

For the rest of us -- I understand what you all are saying and this was a cute light hearted thread for awhile.

Dataway and Cool and Watered Gardens - I hear you!

I was so "waybrained" that I visited the "motor coach" thinking I would meet the Man of God for the world.

Well, I actually saw a case where someone's medication started causing an adverse reaction, and that person went back to his doctor, and the doctor was completely mystified because this person was cured of an incurable disease.

So that statement can have some validity.

God CAN work that way if He wants to - *I'M* not going to tell Him that He can't.

But I understand what you are saying - that just because docvic(praise be his name) said something, it was always "Also Sprach Gott" - Thus Spake the Lord.

And your points about Oldiesman are spot on - if he didn't experience it, it must not have happened. Ever.

He comes here, he posts like that, and people rebut him, and then he acts like he is considering what has been said, and then he disappears for a while, and then he comes back spouting the same cr@p about how wonderful TWIt was when he was there, and how it only went downhill after his beloved docvic(praise be his name) stepped down from the presidency.

Give it a rest, old man. Your one-note song is getting REAAAALLLLY monotonous. Go join smikeol's cult if you so want to have docvic's(praise be his name) baby.

• 2 weeks later...

Now now, Valerie, he's not around to defend himself, doncha know.

translation for the ironically impaired: valerie's story is an example of how wierwille defended himself when he was around to defend himself.

Datway - You're right; "third aid" meant #1 Go to God, #2 Go to fellow-believers, and #3 Go to a doctor. In the 90's TWI elaborated on "third aid" to include a time-frame, which was this: If after step one, your health has not improved within 24 hours, move to step two, and if no improvement occurs within the next 24 hours, move to step three. Of course, any leader in TWI could over-rule a doctor's advice.

But ... Coolwaters, you're right too. The under-lying message was that if you or your family had ANY health issues, it was due to poor believing. So lots of folks avoided openly speaking to other believers if they became sick or injured. To do so was to open yourself up to confrontation. Likewise, to be taking an on-going medication (insulin, ritalin, BP meds, etc) was an indication of your unbelief.

Interestingly, when leadership became ill, it was NOT due to unbelief, but rather it was an "attack from the Adversary" because of that particular leader's strong stand.

Total insanity. And this was just ONE little piece of Waybrain, that many of us who have left TWI still have trouble letting go of.

-Pat

More ... For me, personally, Waybrain includes loss of individuality. Things we were good at - skills or humor or creativity - they stomped it into the ground. Retrieving these strengths seems to be one of the most difficult challenges we ex-Way people face. It's like they took away our spunk, our self-confidence. -Pat

And I remember some very specific instances of personality suppression. Being told someone didn't want to talk about their life's work so they could devote their entire being to becoming Way Corps. Were you the subject of that or was it someone else? Seems to me I just blindly accepted anything anyone told me.

Being told not to say "Jumpin' Jehoshaphat" because there is no biblical evidence Jehoshaphat ever jumped!

Gee, what fun times! Wonder why I don't miss 'em?

WG

I may have had a waybrain, but I didn't quite have a wayheart! For instance, I bought into this "eternal life is eternal life" and this "I'm going to heaven and all hell can't stop me from going". At least in my mind. Buy my heart wasn't quite buying it. Perhaps the Holy Spirit was grieving me at the idea that I'm going to heaven come hell or high water. Not so much that as the idea that I could sin and vitrually get away with it. I have since come to this conclusion: God is not going to just let me sin and get "away with it", but if He is in fact all good, neither will he sentence me to "eternal torture" for it either, which was by biggest concern rather than was I going to heaven. Not only was I waybrained, but I was also brained by other corrupt forms of religion as well, and perhaps even poisoned by it. The immortal soul doctrine for instance appalls me, especially in the case of one who might have to spend such a life in eternal torture, but I have a difficult time trying to shake it off, even though total logic tends to tell me that when you are dead, you are indeed dead! In my case, TWI may have only added poison to the dosages my parent religion doped me up with icon_frown.gif:(--> . Some help that was! icon_mad.gif

Chuck

• 3 years later...

I was so waybrained that one Uncle Harry day aka burn the chaff I took my journal of poems, years and years of poems, short stories and all and burned them because they weren't positive or right on with the word.

I was so waybrained that when I fell and fractured my ankle, my Twig Coordinator was with me and prayed and although my foot and ankle swelled and went almost black from the bruises, she said healing was coming and I limped around for two weeks like that before I went to the doctor and got it xrayed, found the fracture and had it taken care of.

I was so waybrained I left behind good banking jobs to go WOW.

I was so waybrained I didn't get to spend the last year with my mom, we lived on different coasts, before she died.

Ex asked:

quote:
can we define "screwy"

The ability to twist a square peg in a round hole and say it "fits like a hand in a glove".

:biglaugh: Wow, Socks – I love that – hilarious and right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap: And to put the Jonnie-Cochran-spin on it – if you made the peg fit – you are a TWIt.

WAY BRAIN -- ABSOLUTELY. . .

I "wish" people "good luck" for that very reason and say "Merry F****** Christmas" every chance I get!

Sorry. . . I got a little carried away there.

I do "wish" people "Merry Christmas" and mean it with love.

Dot,

A dear wonderful friend, B* S**ley (led me into sit back in '72), diabetic, tossed out his insulin after a healing ceremony at the roa, and went blind. Still is as far as I know. Dear guy. Just another "casualty" of believing vp and the "believing" hype, which is tripe without the power of the Holy Spirit.